The objective of the BVI Arbitration Group is to support the BVI IAC in promoting BVI arbitration and alternative dispute resolution in the BVI.
The BVI Arbitration Group aims:
- to support the BVI IAC in its promotion of the BVI IAC locally, regionally and internationally
- to promote the use of the BVI IAC clause in contracts, both locally and internationally with a view to
- attracting arbitrations to the BVI; and
- growing the caseload of the BVI IAC as an institution.
- to promote the use of arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution to legal and business people, both locally, regionally and internationally;
- to provide a forum for members to exchange ideas about arbitration and learn from experienced practitioners about career development and issues of interest in the field;
- to provide opportunities for members to network, and to identify and develop mentor relationships both within the BVI and internationally;
- to provide a group structure within which members may undertake marketing trips and other initiatives to other jurisdictions in order to promote the BVI IAC clause;
- to encourage members to write papers of interest for distribution amongst the broader international arbitration community;
- to organize educational programmes, receptions and social events co-hosted by participating firms or other organizations internationally;
- to work with other Arbitration Groups globally; and
- to educate and expose members to BVI IAC dispute resolution services.
Membership of the BVI Arbitration Group shall be open to persons who
- Have experience of arbitration or dispute resolution or have a genuine interest in arbitration;
- Submit a completed application or renewal form as required from time to time;
- Pay an annual subscription as prescribed by the Committee from time to time (at present, there is no annual subscription);
- Where applicable, are in good standing with their local bar or professional or arbitral body, and not subject to any disciplinary findings relating to their profession, practice of law or arbitration; and
- Are approved by the Committee
If you would like to become a BVI Arbitration Group Member, please complete the application form below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Rules of the Group upon completion of the Application Form.
BVI ARB Rules
Current Committee Members are as follow:
- Nicholas Burkill, FCIArb (chair)
- Francois Lassalle
- Dancia Penn, OBE QC FCIArb
- Barry Leon, FCIArb
- Jonathan Addo
- Jack Husbands, FCIArb
- Alex Hall Taylor
- Arabella di lorio, FCIArb
- Dawn Smith, FCIArb
- Christopher Graham, ACIArb
- Dan Wise
- Jevgenija (Jane) Fedotova
Please do get in touch if you have any questions: BVIARB@bviiac.org